DUI Defense in Illinois
You've been pulled over for driving while intoxicated (DUI): What to do to protect your rights
1. Do not offer to take the breathalyzer or a blood test. You may automatically lose your driver's license for refusing to do so; however, if you take the test and fail the results from these tests are nearly impossible to defeat and you will likely face a conviction.
2. If you have problems walking or any type of medical condition that could effect your coordination tell the police officer that and do not take the field sobriety test.
3. If the officer asks for your permission to search your car - REFUSE. There may be objects present in the vehicle you do not know about. If they're found you will be responsible for them. If you give permission to the officer for such a search you will waive any legal argument regarding its validity.
4. If you are arrested, refuse to answer any questions with out an attorney present to represent you.
5. Do not offer to make a statement - it will not help you and you are more likely to implicate yourself or others by doing so.
6. Have a family member or friend collect the names, addresses and phone numbers of any and all witnesses to the alleged incident.
7. Keep in mind, "you have the right to remain silent" for a reason, do not waive that right.
8. Do not talk to anyone about the charges alleged against you other than an attorney.
9. CONTACT AN ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY.
Have you been charged with a DUI?
Have you been arrested for DUI / Drunk Driving in Illinois? Even if this is the first DUI charge you have faced you may be subject to stiff fines and penalties, including license suspension and even jail. It is imperative that you seek the immediate help of a knowledgeable and experienced DUI lawyer to help avoid unnecessary fines, penalties, or convictions.
Illinois DUI laws are complex, and vary from county to county, so let our experienced group of DUI attorneys guide you through to get the best result. We will spend the time with you in order to fully evaluate your case. You need a DUI defense attorney that will give you the best results. Our DUI attorneys will be aggressive in the defense of your case. Depending on your case and its circumstances we may even be able to get you a restricted driving permit while dealing with your DUI charge in addition to keeping you out of jail.
Our professional commitment:
Many DUI attorneys accept literally hundreds of DUI cases at a time and never bother to even meet their client before meeting them in court. We firmly believe in limiting our client base and devoting the necessary time and energy to each and every DUI client to ensure all defenses have been considered and questions have been answered. Put quite simply, you need to be able to depend on and trust your DUI Defense attorney. For this reason, all initial consultations which are conducted by phone or e-mail are free of charge.
Call 773-720-9736 now for your free phone consultation with a qualified DUI lawyer or submit the DUI charge online. We will be happy to discuss the specifics of your case and explain how we can help you in your time of need, providing you with the personal service you deserve.